Friday, March 29, 2013

Not MIA - Just Baby-ed

I don't know if any of my past customers come back to my shop in hopes that I had created new products, but this post is dedicated to that idea.
Running an Etsy shop takes a lot of time and work because you have to create, take pictures, write listings, keep SEO in mind so you show up in searches, then promote and promote some more. I consider my shop at the time to be moderately successful. I make enough money to pay for perhaps two bills, but obviously you only make what you put into it. Because I still work full time and I'm also going to makeup school on Saturdays, plus have two kids (one of them is really little and wants my attention pretty much every minute she's awake) and a husband, well I simply don't have enough time right now to create anything new. I'm taking a lot of steps to be able to do my business full time, but everything takes extreme patience and I'm very cautious because I would never want do anything that could place my family in some kind of financial strain.
It's very weird how one can have a "successful" career, a beautiful family, be a home owner, yet when you are not doing what you love you just can't shake the feeling that you're meant to be doing something else. That's me right now, that's my position. I spend 8 hours every day at a job that pays nearly six figures, and I hate every hour I'm there. People think that my job is cool, but it's not, and if my job wasn't as boring as it was I don't think I would be pursuing my business so vehemently. On the flip side, sometimes I feel bad because there are so many people out there who do not have a job, and I feel like I should be grateful that I do have a job. But we only live once, and well, going to a job daily that makes you kind of depressed is not a way to live. Not to mention every day when I leave my house I leave in so much guilt because my poor baby cries so much. I know this is normal, I have an almost 3 year old and she went through the same thing. But it doesn't mean I don't feel bad every morning when I leave. If I could do this over I would stay at home with my kids at least until they're one. But who knows, maybe they learned something by not having me there every single minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment