Friday, March 15, 2013

Pick Me Up

Today was one of those days where a lot of things went wrong. First thing this morning, I started working on my orders and soon realized that I needed to make a lipstick and an eyeshadow. I try to give myself a certain deadline for my orders, and I was pretty much at the end of that deadline for all of the orders I worked on today. So even though I still have to go to work to my full time job (which may a post for some other time) I make time to get all of this done.

I proceed to get everything ready, start printing labels, and I get some ingredients out to make a lipstick. I have made hundreds of lipsticks in the past, but today I was out of jojoba oil. I tend to substitute ingredients if I need to, so I decided to meadow foam seed oil, which I have used in the past as well. Well, I'm not sure what exactly happened today, but my lipstick did not work out. I don't know if I measured a tsp a tbsp, the matter is that everything I did was destroyed as soon as I pulled it out of the molds. What a disappointment! I had to contact my customer to let her know what happened and that I would need a couple of days. I'm a perfectionist at heart, but very much human and today I messed that up.

Next thing, I get to make my Lava Eyeshadow, that beautiful red shade many people love. Great! I get my mineral powder, my magnesium stearate, my red oxide, my red mica... everything I need. So simple, measure what I need and mix.... Until (and I don't even know what happened) I spill almost all of the eyeshadow I just made in my kitchen floor. Needless to say I was extremely upset, because at this point is 11am and I still haven't made it to my full time job, which means I'm working late on a Friday night. So after trying to calm myself down I find my vacuum cleaner, vacuum probably $100 dollars worth of eyeshadow from the floor, try to finish my second of three orders, get ready and go to work. I finally get here at 2:30pm, which means I have to work until 10:30pm. Thankfully, my job is flexible and they don't care at what time I come in as long as the job gets done. On the way to work I called my dad because I really needed to hear his voice, and it made me feel so much better to chat with him. He lives in Atlanta and I live in Hawaii so I miss him very very much.

It hasn't been the best day, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow and what comes with it. In the meantime well, smile.



Till the next one,
Stay Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment