Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Finally certfied and other exciting news!

I again have been MIA for a while... I'm here though! Just working really hard. My mom (who usually lives with me) went to my native Puerto Rico for 2 weeks, so I had two weeks playing stay at home mommy. My HAT IS OFF to stay at home moms! It is so much work! I enjoyed myself though. I am back at work now and also working on other projects. Last month I finished my makeup certification at Bella Torre Academy. The final was so nerve-wracking! I cried, for real, I cried after we were finished. I was so nervous my hand was shaking, and you know how hard it is to apply eyeliner with a shaky hand? Oh geez. I was happy though. So far I've participated in 2 fashion shows, where time is crucial. I did Zeitgeist, the UH fashion show, and did makeup for 6 girls in 6 hours. That is HARD work. I don't think anyone realizes how much work is to put on a full face of makeup. I also did the Lux fashion show at the Trump. That was a great experience also! If you're looking for a makeup artist in Oahu feel free to contact me at dehandmadecosmetics@gmail.com. My rates are super affordable and pretty soon I'll be having a space too! So exciting :) Here's a picture of the my models at the University of Hawaii Fashion:



OK, my next piece of news is that my makeup line is officially available at Down to Earth Kapolei. So, yes! You can now go there, touch, feel, and shop! I'm so excited to be in a store that values natural and organic products made in Hawaii. It was a long process, and they took a leap of faith and believed in me; I'm so grateful and amazed at this accomplishment. Hopefully the line will spread to their other 4 stores in the upcoming months. By the way. I will be at the Body Mind Spirit expo on May 18th and 19th, so please stop by and say hi! Come without makeup and get a makeover. I will have my director's chair with me happy to apply makeup on you!

Thank you for reading my blog. Stay beautiful!
Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment