Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Post Office Did It Again!

I feel like I need to take some time and write about the increase of postage that happened in January 27th. I owe it to my many international customers, who may, or may not could happen to read this blog. So, the U.S. Postal Service increased their rates dramatically last January. You may notice at my Etsy store that international shipping prices have increased to $6.99. This is almost the same as some of my products! I know it sucks, it totally does. Paying seven dollars for shipping a 3 or 4 oz item is not something I agree with, but unfortunately I have to use the US Postal Service as it is the cheapest service from Hawaii. I know they Post Office has their money problems, but this is really hurting business that ship internationally. The increase was about two dollars, approximately 40% increase.

My prices did not increase to offset the shipping -I simply added the seven dollars separately and I just want you guys to know why the increase is seen. I'm still offering all orders over $50 go with free shipping (domestic and international) and this will not change, at least not for now. I also still have the offer for orders over $20 go with a free eyeshadow of choice. I love my customers and love to spoil them as much as I can! Money is tight as my business is still a baby, but I'm very excited about the future and about all the things I get to do to get to my "future" as an independent cosmetics company.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Please visit my website and don't forget the 20% off sale at my Etsy store ends tomorrow.

Stay beautiful!
Eva


No comments:

Post a Comment